Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] karsan2007@gmail.com is offline

Default air conditoning

On Jul 4, 10:22 pm, buffalobill wrote:
On Jul 5, 12:11 am, "
wrote:

I live in an small apartment with my grandfather and mother we would
like to install a home air condtioner but we shopped around that we
should not have any problems installing it. The one we looke at has
8,000 btus and we do not have enough power to run the ac Should I have
an electrican to look at my place to see I can install an ac in my
apartment I want to install a unit that meant to go on the windows.

the 8,000 for 3 people may be too small to begin with, please first
see:http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...properly_sized
second, the landlord may thrilled for you to hire his approved
electrician to install a new circuit for 110v or 220v if needed
depending on the air conditioner manual.
it will all be at your expense including a permit, and per your lease,
if allowed.
you may need permission, and you may need more than one unit and
outlet to do the job.

I guess that I will stick to my fan and keep the windows closed