Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Sanding trim

"Norminn" wrote in message
ink.net...

Well, actually, that's not the way my trim is nowadays or ever )

It's the way plenty of trim is in plenty of houses.

If you didn't want advice about sanding trim, why did you ask for
it?????

I do want advice. If the advice is impractical or doesn't make sense, I
point it out.

I've done a good deal of painting and paint removal. Unless your "poly"
is high gloss, I'd forget sanding at all.

Well that's fine advice.

With "thousands of feet" of shaped or carved molding, I would be hesitant
to paint it at all.....clear finish doesn't show blemishes as easily as
paint, IMO.

It's not a question of showing blemishes. Houses with natural wood trim
look very dated and are hard to sell around here. White semi-gloss is the
norm. (I'll be painting the doors too, which are natural too, but that's
easy.)