Posted to uk.d-i-y
dirt dibbler dirt dibbler is offline

Default boiler costs - rough costs / options

My 3 bed 1930's semi has the cold tanks & hot cylinder in the
bathroom, hence little pressure upstairs & a dedicated cupboard for
them, and a 7 year old conventional boiler in the downstairs kitchen.

I would like to have a shower put in, and the bathroom / suite is
about ready for a make over.

I could just have a mixer power shower fitted & make good with tile
surround etc. which may be fairly cheap, and do the bathroom later.

To free up some space I could have the tanks (new tanks) etc moved
into the loft above, although my heating has a manual valve in the
bathroom to turn all the radiators on, so I think I would need to have
an automatic valve & tank stat. fitted as well, does this get operated
by the timer controller?

Or maybe I should just have a combi fitted, freeing up the space &
giving me some pressure.

Can anyone suggest which route might be better to take...
or some very basic costs to move the tanks to the loft vs replacing
the boiler.

Thanks
DD