Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Sanding trim

dpb wrote:
Norminn wrote:

alkyd semi for trim, but it has issues with yellowing nowadays. Latex
is crap for trim, especially when time to repaint. It may not yellow
as quickly as alkyd but stains more easily.

I disagree w/ both points, personally. Colors are more stable than ever
imo, and a good latex enamel in semi- or gloss finish won't stain badly
at all. A flat will because of the rougher texture, but flat shouldn't
be used for trim, anyway.

imo, etc., etc., ...

--

Flat paint holds dirt more because of the texture. I was referring to
latex semi, which is smoothe. In my experience, it stains (permanently)