Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default OT sour grapes on the 4th of July

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

I never would have thought myself saying or thinking this, but I'll be glad
when fireworks are outlawed in my part of the country.

I live in the county not the city, so everything's legal, and with about 5
indian reservations around us that pretty well guarentees that the 1,2,3,
and 4th will sound like an artillery duel. So I'm hold up inside, sicker
than a dog from some fricking head cold, wishing the kids next door would
accidentially put their eye out with those bottle rockets they have in the
hundreds. Meanwhile my cat is hold up between the first and basement floors
in a little hidehole he dug out between the furnace in the basement. And I
can look forward to a big big display right in front of my house tonight as
typically the neighbors will spend about 3 to 400 bucks each on fireworks.
and shoot them off literally in front of my house. Personally I'll probably
go sit on the patio and watch them, but I do have to get up at 4 tommorrow
for work so when I go to bed they'll still be unloading from the cassion
until well after 1. Then of course I have to clean up the mess, as most of
it will land in my yard.

It's not like I'll call the cops or something, that'll be a sure fire way to
get a goat's head on my doorstep. Who'd ever thought I holiday I used to
love would be such a pain in the ass as soon as I became a homeowner?

Next year buy five thousand of the loudest things you can get, and set
'em to go off under the neighbor's windows when you get up at 4 a.m.