Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Sanding trim

In article ,
"jeffc" wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ps.com...

Since there were only two posters when you wrote "You guys don't seem
to understand...", I assume you meant me, which makes me wonder why
you didn't read the second part of my post.

There are two parts that must be mastered when asking for advice. The
asking part you have down pat, the reading part needs a little bit of
work. Go back and have another go at it. Thanks.

I don't need to, I read it right the first time. The second part of your
post had to do with using a deglosser, so obiously I'm not talking about
that. In the second part of your post, you didn't say "disregard the first
part of my post", so I'm not. I'm responding to the advice there. To wit:
"fold the paper to sand into the sharp corners", which is just crazy. That
would take 10,000 years for all the cracks and crevices in the trim. There
has to be something like - what? - 5 or 10 thousand feet of trim in a good
sized house?

Yeah, you're right, it's an impossibly large job. Never been done by any
mortal. 10,000 feet, 10,000 years. That's one year per foot. I don't
think you need to be quite so meticulous with it. Just break the sheen
and slap that paint on there. You coulda sanded two rooms in the time
you spent sniveling about how hard it is. Anyway, if you can afford a
house with *two miles* of trim, you can afford to hire a professional
painter. (imagine smiley emoticon here)