Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT sour grapes on the 4th of July

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:23:02 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Eigenvector wrote:
I never would have thought myself saying or thinking this, but I'll
be glad when fireworks are outlawed in my part of the country.

For thousands of years, in almost every society, loud noises were believed
to ward off evil spirits. On special days - such as the Chinese New Year -
drums, fireworks, or just plain yelling, was effacious in guaranteeing a
properous future.

I'm not saying the banning of fireworks is the cause of society's moral
decay, but there is a correlation...

I think it's VCRs and MP3 players. Ever since they've had those
things, morality has gone to pot.