Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 14:04:20 -0700, the renowned Spurious Response
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 04:35:47 GMT, Eeyore
wrote:

Spurious Response wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Spurious Response wrote:
Wolfi wrote:

If so, then you surely noticed the lousy Ampère rating of mere 10A for it,
which is just 2.3kW, rather than the 3.68kW which you have with a 16A
connector system?

If I do not need 16 A power feeds as a result of not having any 16 A
power requisites, then why would I need a 16 A cord and receptacle
system?

The standards aren't set around one person's requirements.

"I" was a euphemistic "I", idiot.

As in I that represents any joe sixpack homeowner.

One does not need 16 Amp per outlet capacity.

It's widely used in Europe.

Graham

Where, at twice the voltage, you need it even less.

Who wants to be forced to use a puny 1500W appliance such as an
electric kettle?

3,000W gets the job done fast.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany