Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

In article ,
Spurious Response wrote:
A 1000 watt kettle would take forever to boil. UK ones are normally
2500/3000 watts.

If you paid California electric rates, you wouldn't use it very many
times a year.

I'd be surprised if your electricity prices were higher than the UK.
However, with a kettle, I doubt if the size of element makes much
difference to the cost of boiling a fixed amount of water - only to the
time taken.

It must be nice to be able to build everything higher output, more
consumptive. We have to conserve here. Miniaturize.

Really? ;-)

What types of appliances get used in Japan? High wattage? Low?
Other places?

With any appliance basically heating things it simply does the job quicker
at higher power. May even be cheaper.

--
*If you think this van is dirty, you should try having sex with the driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.