Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Decking oil or Decking stain+presertive

On Jul 4, 11:42 pm, Stuart Noble
wrote:
Matty F wrote:
On Jul 3, 7:20 pm, Mike P mike@askme wrote:
Hi

Decking is going grey on the balastrades and spindles etc ........
Which is better to use on the whole area ... oil or stain ?

I've just used a water blaster to remove all the grey, and oiled it.
Looks just like new.

Interesting. Suggests that the colour may not go very deep. If it's
resin degraded by UV, it's possible you may not have to do it again, or
at least not very often

I have hardwood decking and outdoor furniture, something like Kwila,
and after 15 years it has gone grey. I used Wattyl Forestwood deck oil
which has a brown/red colour.