Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.appliances,misc.consumers.house
Wlm Singleton Wlm Singleton is offline

Default Can Whirlpool washer & dryer be stacked on pedestal drawers?

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:40:10 -0400, mm wrote:
How high is this pedestal?

The Costco Whirlpool Duet Sport pedestals are 13 inches tall:
http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/200702/?pg=8

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product... e=&lang=en-US

However, the factory Whirlpool pedestals (sans drawer) are 10 inches and 15
inches tall (depending on which ones we buy):

http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/pro...04&pro d=1001
http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/pro...04&pro d=1000

The actual washer & dryer are 36 inches tall
Depth: 30 in.
Width: 27 in.
Maximum Height: 36 in.
http://www.whirlpool.com/assets/pdfs...RE/8540321.pdf
http://www.whirlpool.com/assets/pdfs...40321-D-WH.pdf
Note: These service manuals are for the 8500 which seems to be the
closest thing to the Costco Duet Sport (sans the water heater).

What would be the point if the top will come out more than 7 feet
high? Why not skip the pedestal?

Why can't the washer sit on the floor, like mine does and every one
I've seen since 1957? (The one we had before that said on a wooden
orange crate, because the basement flooded. Is that the reason?)

No. Mainly, as the ad copy says below, so we don't have to bend as much.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...av=&cat=& s=1
.... "Convenient storage pedestals raise the Duet Washer and Dryer 13" above
floor height, so you don't have to bend to load and unload your laundry.
The spacious drawer is large enough to store your detergent, bleach, dryer
sheets and more."...