Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Washing machine water valves.

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:25:12 -0700, z wrote:

Boring story:

I had one of those little Kenmore roll around the kitchen and plug

I had a Whirlpool or Kenmore roll-around, but it wasn't little. It was
as big as a full-size machine. Had a big lever in the back to lower
the wheels. But I had a place to put it so I didn't have to roll it
around. I found this thing on the street in Brooklyn, directly across
the street from my apartment. The wheels were great for rolling it
home, and I think it only took 2 hours to fix. I replaced the dial,
which was totally external, and IIRC there was something else wrong,
and by the time I had drilled out one or two rusted screws in the
back, and unscrewed the rest, whatever was bad was working again. Must
have been the drill's vibration. Worked fine for years after that.

into the faucet portable washing machines. Worked perfectly for years,
until the one day i left the house for an afternoon right after

Until the one day my new roommate did her laundry. I told her never
to leave the kitchen when the machine was running, but of course she
did, and the washer ran over. Fortunately I came home or out of my
room before there was enough water to leak downstairs.

But the strange thing is it never ran over before or after. And none
of her clothes were stuck in the machine. I didn't have to do anything
to ix it. She was a real ditz. She borrowed sheets from me and then
got her eye makeup all over them. She dropped the grill from the oven
onto the vinyl kitchen chair and burned a couple stripes onto it.
Then denied she'd done it, even though I heard it happen. And heard
her voice before and after, trying to memorize about 100 drink
garnishes, plus ice or not, for her job as a Playboy bunny. Yes, I
lived for 6 months with a Playboy bunny, but she wasn't very
attactive. Too skinny and flat chested, but when tne NYC Playboy club
had its 3-day grand opening, employees were allowed to bring friends,
and I and another roommate were her only friends in NY, and she
invited us. You should have seen her in her costume, as busty as any
of the other girls. But at home she wore sleeveless blouses and I
could look in one arm and out the other with nothing in between to
interfere with the view.

She never brought boys home, but I was going to kick her out because
she made me nervous. That didnt' seem like a good reason, so when I
made a special trip home from a visit at my mother's I stalled around
and my luck, she told me she was moving. That's a story in itself.

turning it on. The inlet valve stuck open, and it filled the basement
with water. (I lived on the first floor). The valve never stuck again
after that one time; but then again I never left it alone again.

I did leave mine alone, at least I went into the other room, and it
never overflowed again!

These damn things know when your back is turned, then they strike.