Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

Spurious Response wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Spurious Response wrote:
Wolfi wrote:

If so, then you surely noticed the lousy Ampère rating of mere 10A for it,
which is just 2.3kW, rather than the 3.68kW which you have with a 16A
connector system?

If I do not need 16 A power feeds as a result of not having any 16 A
power requisites, then why would I need a 16 A cord and receptacle
system?

The standards aren't set around one person's requirements.

"I" was a euphemistic "I", idiot.

As in I that represents any joe sixpack homeowner.

One does not need 16 Amp per outlet capacity.

It's widely used in Europe.

Graham