Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bradford Chaucer Bradford Chaucer is offline

Default Termite tool

Yes, I've used it for quite a while. Basically start with the ring on or
above center (9:00 to 10o positionm ith the ring at about 60 deg off
vertiocal. You get the tool to bite more or less by rotating it, rotation
clockwise, so that the axis through the ring moves toward vertical
increases aggressiveness of the cut, ccw decreases. I find that the cutting
path starts at the center, on the cventer line, then arcs upward as you
move out (dropping the handle) and finally back toward centerline as you
reach the perimeter. The tool will cut from a solid center, but works
better if you pre-bore the center of the work with a fostner bit.

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 01:09:08 GMT, "woodman" wrote:

Anyone have luck with this tool? I got one but it doesn't seem to cut well
in green wood. Any suggestions?

Woody