Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Wolfi Wolfi is offline

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

Am 03.07.07 19.42 schrieb Spurious Response:
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:38:29 -0500, Wolfi wrote:

If so, then you surely noticed the lousy Ampère rating of mere 10A for it,
which is just 2.3kW, rather than the 3.68kW which you have with a 16A
connector system?

If I do not need 16 A power feeds as a result of not having any 16 A
power requisites, then why would I need a 16 A cord and receptacle
system?

Because initially we had been talking about wall outlets and according plugs,
with flat (US, UK) or round (most of Central Europe) contacts and those
connectors are rated 15A/130V (US) or 16A/250V (Europe).
So when talking about alternatives, we have to stay in the same ratings range.