Posted to rec.woodworking
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Buy wood screw assortment packs? (online USA)

Patriarch wrote:

www.mcfeeleys.com

I like their simple/clear illustrations.
Bought a zinc plated #8 assortment (that includes a required
squarehead screw bit and screwdriver) and a 1/8" x 3/8" countersink
thingy. Shipping was only $7.50 (US) so I passed on the unplated screw
assortment pack. Yada yada yada.

I've noticed square drill bits at the hardware store lately.

Mostly off-topic, and for what it's worth. I like the point choices of
their "security" screw bit assortment pack, but looks like the screw
bits fit into a magnetic holder. Seems to me most of the problem
fasteners are recessed in a narrow hole. Currently, I have a set of
thin torx screwdrivers. Would like some of those two point type screw
bits too, but on the end of narrow shafts. And then maybe an
assortment of star drive stuff. Maybe some day. At least square
bits/tips are easy to understand

Have fun... see you later.

Patriarch