Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.appliances,misc.consumers.house
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Can Whirlpool washer & dryer be stacked on pedestal drawers?

I really don't see why not.
It is true, that you would be loading the single pedestal more than perhaps
was intended, but my intuition tells me you could load 5 washers on those
things, without a problem.
And, a dryer is lighter than the washer, considerably so.
And, the dryer would serve to further stabilize the washer on the pedestal.

imo, no problem whatsoever.
Some might argue, Oh, now the center of gravity of the dryer is too high,
blah blah, but that's not really an issue for dryers.
It is an issue for a washer, because of the very fast spins, and the dryer
on top of the washer actually helps in this regard.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"Wlm Singleton" wrote in message
t...
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:05:47 -0400, Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

Are you asking if you can stack the dryer on top of the washer, and then
those two on top of a single pedestal?

Yes. I don't see anywhere where it says you can or can not do this given
the standard Whirlpool pedestal.

While I can find the Whirlpool Duet Sport Stack Kit (8541503), I can't
find
the bracket that braces the pedestal to the stacked Whirlpool Duet Sport
washer (WTW8410SW) & dryer (WED8410SW).

Anyone who installs a washer & dryer would run into this in the first
month
of deliveries as I can't be the ONLY person in the world who wants to
stack
a washer & dryer on a pedestal, can I?

I'm 5'6 so the only problem might be getting to the controls though.