Posted to rec.woodworking
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Buy wood screw assortment packs? (online USA)

"J. Clarke" jclarke.usenet cox.net wrote:

Lee Michaels wrote:
"dpb" none non.net wrote

Swingman wrote:

It's pretty simple in this age of corporate greed ...

I submit "corporate greed" is simply a reflection of the consumer
choosing price over quality in the most part...

Yes, you could argue that.

But I submit that quality is often not even available locally and
in many venues. If corporate greed was not a factor, this would
not be the case. However you look at it, a lot of scumbags make
decisions that make it harder for the rest of us.

And I don't want to hear the pure economic model crap either. If
mega corps really gave a damn about us, quality products would be
available right along the low priced consumer crap. You know the
*******s are winning when you can't even buy good fasteners
locally.

Now, how does "corporate greed" result in local businesses choosing
not to stock what you consider to be "good fasteners"? Is it your
contention that the decision is the result of lack of availability?

That lack of availability driving the price sky high.

If so, then planes should be falling out of the sky every day due to
fastener failure.

Nope. Big companies that make planes can get whatever they want. It's
like Windows. Ordinary consumers are stuck under Microsoft's thumb,
but Window's dominance was stopped before it reached the corporate
server market level.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)