Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Happy 4th, you crazy peeps!

Robatoy wrote in news:design-51996A.14160203072007
@news.giganews.com:

I am wishing my American friends a joyful, over-fed lazy day in your
back-yards, at your pools, making burnt offerings on you BBQ's.

snip of some depressing views of current reality

Thank you for the greetings, friend.

I, too, find that I cannot stomach the evening news, and so I ignore it as
far as possible.

Somehow, I find it to ever have been so - that there are those who grab
power, and refuse, or try to refuse, to give it back.

Will it improve? I don't know. Over time, things have improved, if viewed
with sufficient perspective. My kids and grandkids have a chore in front
of them. But then, so did my parents and grandparents.

But we will enjoy the Fourth here in California, hoping that we don't start
another massive fire with the pyrotechnics!

To the beach this afternoon!

Patriarch