Posted to alt.home.repair
Shaun Eli Shaun Eli is offline

Default Washing machine water valves.

I've had my washer around ten years. After a conversation with a
friend telling me about a burst hose I went to Home Depot and got two
of the metal-wrapped hoses with the auto shut-off if they burst (the
long ones weren't much money-- ten or fifteen dollars).

Got home, turned off the water, went to replace the hoses and
discovered that one hose was very close to bursting-- it was bloated
and spongy.

I can't imagine any reason NOT to change hoses to the metal ones with
the auto shut-off. Even if your washer is in the garage, who wants to
deal with a wet floor and water possibly sprayed everywhere?

A hose could burst in the middle of the night, and you'll hear the
water running and have to deal with it then. Why not deal with it on
your next trip to HD or Lowes instead?

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for Smart Minds (sm)