Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Buy wood screw assortment packs? (online USA)

Lee Michaels wrote:
"dpb" wrote

Swingman wrote:

It's pretty simple in this age of corporate greed ...

I submit "corporate greed" is simply a reflection of the consumer
choosing price over quality in the most part...

Yes, you could argue that.

But I submit that quality is often not even available locally and in
many venues. If corporate greed was not a factor, this would not be
the case. However you look at it, a lot of scumbags make decisions
that make it harder for the rest of us.

And I don't want to hear the pure economic model crap either. If
mega corps really gave a damn about us, quality products would be
available right along the low priced consumer crap. You know the
*******s are winning when you can't even buy good fasteners locally.

Quality products are readily available. You just have to find them and
be willing to pay the price.

For fasteners, most cities of any size have several suppliers who deal
in nothing but fasteners and the tools to install them, and those
suppliers can get you just about anything that you want. But they are
not "home centers" or mom-and-pop hardware stores.

Now, how does "corporate greed" result in local businesses choosing not
to stock what you consider to be "good fasteners"? Is it your
contention that the decision is the result of lack of availability? If
so, then planes should be falling out of the sky every day due to
fastener failure.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)