Ed Huntress

Default Old Steel - New Steel

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
et...
Yeah, making it is tricky. But I was referring to its effects on the
scrap/remelt (minimill) industry. It creates some problems, or it did,
from what I've read about it.

BTW... how do they remove carbon and alloyed stuff if the melt is too hard
for it's use? Blow some air through it, add more mild scrap..?

Those are good questions. Here's a research opportunity for you, to refine
your academic skills. g

Seriously, I forget. I haven't been in a minimill for25 years. There's
someone who posted in this thread who, IIRC, works in one. Maybe he can
help.

Or, dust off Goggle and go for it. There is a lot written about those mills,
and how they operate.

Ed Huntress