Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default My central a/c won't work:(!!! HOT IN TEXAS!

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:59:58 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

Hello,

My central a/c system will not turn on and I really don't want to
spend the $$$ to get someone out to fix it if it is no big repair.
Anyway, here's what happens...

Turn the a/c on by lowering the temperature inside on the thermostat
on the wall in the hallway. The central fan blows, but nothing cold
comes out. Actually the air is pretty hot! The outside unit is not
making the usual noise that we hear when it runs normally, but the fan
on the top is running....I went out to see if kicking it would make it
work and noticed the fan. Anyway, if someone more knowledgable could
give me an idea of ehat is going on, I would really appreciate it. We
came back last night from vacation to find our a/c out and with no
good reason.

Thanks!

Crista

Try posting your inquiry in its entirety on the newsgroup "alt.hvac"
which is a more suitable group for in depth technical questions about
air conditionaing problems like yours.

I'm almost certain that the professional HVAC folks on that newsgroup
will be able to diagnose your problem and give you answers very quickly.

HTH,

Jeff

You are one mean cruel M/F.

You know the jerks over there will slaughter his ass and leave him
with a tick and morphine habit.