Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,misc.consumers,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.house
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Brand Recommendations For Swamp Coolers?

betsyb wrote

Pardon my ignorance,

No way, its completely unpardonable.

what is a swamp cooler?

One that cools by evaporating water.

As opposed to the main alternative that cools by a refrigeration system.

"Owen Reese" wrote in message

I'm looking to get a swamp cooler in the $300 or so neighborhood .
Been looking at
web pages and reviews are really hard to find. I have come across a
few, have sorta
elminated a couple from consideration.

This would be for a room about 20 x 20. Easy mainentance (like
pads/filters) and
quietness a plus

I'm looking at a Symphony Sumo Jr from Amazon. Also on my short list
are Sunpentown
SF-608R, Newair AF-320 or AF-330

Are there any reviews anywhere? Anyone have personal
experiences/recommendations?

tia