Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fishing wires

On Jul 2, 1:52?pm, "desgnr" wrote:
I want to run a wire to my window for an alarm switch.
The window sits in a metal frame set in a block exterior wall.
Do you know if the block wall has the dryall attached to furring strips on
interior.
How do i go about fishing a wire to the basement below ?
Should i drill a hole in the frame & send the wire thru the hollow block to
the basement & how do i locate it in the basement ?

ahh this can be FUN, like pulling yopur own teeth, taking out your own
appendix and other DIY procedures.

so how fancy must this be?

can use wireless switches, run wires in wiremold, go up, in cieling
and out near a wall.

if you try going thru block there are likely obstructions. I have run
romex thru block walls, found it easiest to punch some holes in the
block where the obstructions are.

please tell us more about your situation.wierdly i enjoy this kinda
challenge