Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in Houston Dave in Houston is offline

Default Buy wood screw assortment packs? (online USA)

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Swingman wrote:

...for the most part, Rockler branded items are mostly chinese...

That's the rub for me -- it's sorta' like the HF deal -- there's no
telling what will get unloaded off the boat the next time. From one
reorder to the next they're likely to have completely changed suppliers so
there's no guarantee that what was satisfactory/good the last time will be
the next...

Must have gone to the Sears-Roebuck school of made-by-the-lowest-bidder.

We've been twisting these screws for the last ten years or so:
http://www.grkfasteners.com/en/R4_1_2_information.htm and I can count on one
hand the number of heads that have twisted off. And, they're not Chinese
although they are Canadian. Here in Houston, Circle Saw is the only source
I've ever been able to locate though, ironically, I find them at South Texas
rural Do-It-Best hardware centers and, for about the same price which is
usually around $6.00/lb.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston