Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Buy wood screw assortment packs? (online USA)

"Frank Boettcher" wrote

And the big retailers are partners in this effort. They tell the
manufacturer's brand managers, hey you get it from China at a dirt
cheap price or you will lose your shelf space, and we'll develop our
own store brand and get it from China ourselves.

Home Depot goes one step further. They will take perfectly good products
that can be purchased in the United States and get cheap knock offs made for
a substantially lower price. This in turn is sold in their stores at the
original price.

We get screwed five ways.

1) We get cheap crap sold to us. (The quality gets lower and lower all the
time.)

2) We often have to pay the same price as the higher quality product for the
cheap knock off.

3) More jobs are lost overseas to the junk makers.

4) We are having many choices systematically removed from the marketplace.
This in turn reduces employment in this country as well as flooding us with
crap.

5) Our houses. projects and lives are negatively impacted because of all the
crap products we must use. This is because quality products are driven from
the retail markets.