Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Buy wood screw assortment packs? (online USA)

"Andy" wrote in message
Voice of experience: Do NOT to trust Rockler screws for critical work,

like
screwing adjacent cabinet face frames together!

Rockler screws are barely a cut above those you buy at the Borg's and,

while
OK for many shop tasks, they simply will not perform like a quality

screw.

Wow - not my experience at all. Were all the ones you used from a
single batch?

Yeah ... one batch for the last five custom kitchens ... hardly likely.

Re-read the first three words you quoted above.

I can't say how Rockler's screws compare to McFeeley's, as I haven't
used McF's,

The more you get into woodworking the more you realize that, for the most
part, Rockler branded items are mostly chinese/cheap and pretty much suck,
particularly on what can be considered woodworking "supply" items.

You admitted that you haven't tried McFeely's screws, a requirement in order
to make objective judgments. Give them a try and your love affair with
Rockler screws will evaporate, guaranteed.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07