Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Suggestion on shrinking a small rubber belt?

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
PaPaPeng wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:20:57 -0400, trader-of-some-jacks
wrote:

I'm sure that Sears would sell me a new attachment for $50. I'm sure
that with a lot of homework, I could find a replacement belt, but I'm
not really in the mood to do that homework.

Its a simple 'O' ring you can buy from an industrial valves shop. Try
your luck at an automotives parts shop too.

OP mentioned "teeth" in one of his later posts, but I'm not clear as to
whether it drives a toothed gear (seems unlikely if it's slipping) or
whether he's talking about what I'd call notches, like an automotive fan
belt.

Either way, it's obviously not just an o-ring and the independent vacuum
repair shops, etc., are probably the way to go if Sears doesn't/can't
supply...

I'd guess for the application the cut-and-glue trick won't have enough
strength but if it doesn't work now, the worst that happens is it
doesn't work then, either (for long, anyway)...