Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Buy wood screw assortment packs? (online USA)

Voice of experience: Do NOT to trust Rockler screws for critical work, like
screwing adjacent cabinet face frames together!

Rockler screws are barely a cut above those you buy at the Borg's and, while
OK for many shop tasks, they simply will not perform like a quality screw.

Wow - not my experience at all. Were all the ones you used from a
single batch? I've used at least several hundred Rockler wood screws,
bought at various times, different branches and online, so I didn't
just get a "fluke" good batch. I've NEVER had one fail, either while
driving or after assembly. Like I said, in my experience with Borg
screws, at LEAST 25% of them failed as I was driving, and other
batches have been equally unimpressive.
I can't say how Rockler's screws compare to McFeeley's, as I haven't
used McF's, but Rockler's have been 100% reliable for me, at a good
price, and I'm happy with that. I have seen their heads develop
surface rust on shop projects that were stored in damp basement
corners, but they don't claim to be rustproof or for outdoor use. I
haven't had any show rust in storage. If I wanted durable screws that
would be used in damp conditions or outdoor projects, I wouldn't use
Rockler's lube finished screws.
I'm not affiliated with Rockler or anyone else, just sharing my
positive experiences with reasonably-priced stuff.
Andy