Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Lining underside of flat garage roof

On 1 Jul, 08:58, "TMC" wrote:
"topo" ag @ag.mail.com wrote in message

Any tips please on lining underside of garage roof ?
Type of material to use ...... ply or plasterboard ? Cheapness ?
Ease of handling above head - fixing to joists etc.
Job mainly for finising off & not for insulation purposes and to
reflect light when painted.
Thanks for any help

Not something I would do as I find the spaces between the joist useful for
storing bits of timber & pipe etc and as a flat roof is going to leak
eventually I would rather know at the first sign rather than when the
ceiling falls in

I would agree with Tony. If all you want is a light coloured ceiling,
paint what's there with white emulsion.

I also like the exposed beams for storage. Hammer in a few nails and
you can hang all sorts of things up there.

John