Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] catalin.marinas@gmail.com is offline

Default Should I get any papers for minor electrical work?

On Jun 30, 11:54 pm, Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost wrote:
Adding any new fitting in a kitchen is notifiable. Replacing an
existing one in a kitchen (or bathroom) wouldn't be, neither would
adding a fitting to an existing circuit outside of these locations.

He actually installed a switch fused connection unit to which the
extractor was connected. Doing a bit of search, it looks like this is
a notifiable activity. He hasn't mentioned anything about paperwork
and I assumed he knew what he was doing (that's why I mainly called an
electrician rather than trying to do it myself).

If this is a notifiable activity, is a minor works certificate enough?

Thanks,

Catalin