Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
NightMist NightMist is offline

Default A Sewing Machine For The Workshop

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:51:35 -0700, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On occasion I find myself needing to create items for the home
workshop that require a sewing machine.

I am looking for recommendations in what to look for in a sewing
machine that will handle a number of differnet materials (canvas,
cotton, thin leather)

Any suggestions?

Any suggested machines?

I have a Pfaff 130 that handles canvas, and leather rangeing from
garment to light belt weight with no problem. I often make fetish, or
goth gear so having a reliable machine that can do leather, PVC, etc.
without gasping is a real godsend.
I'm not sure you will find anything new without paying the big bucks.

NightMist
--
I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?