Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Negative gloat!

Lew Hodgett wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

We often see a similar question in regard to guns, usually framed in
an accusatory fashion: "Why do you need a firearm capable of
[holding 30 bullets, spraying death indiscriminately, that looks so
menacing, capable of bringing down an airliner, etc.]?"

Seems like a good question to me.

IMHO, if you need more than one shot, you don't deserve the meat.

At least that is the way I was taught.

Good point. There's a one word retort, though. I can't use the word on a
family-oriented newsgroup, but here's a translation:

"Zulus! Thousands of 'em!"

-------
I got into a conversation with one of my customers who lives on Cape Cod. I
told her about visiting a local (Texas) gun show and being somewhat
surprised at the number of crew-served weapons for sale.

"What's a crew-served weapon?" she asked.
I replied: "Oh, it's one that takes more than one person to operate it - a
heavy machine gun, a mortar, things like that."
"What are the people who buy these things going to do with them?"
"Uh, nothing," I said. "It's just having them that is the goal."
"I don't believe that," she said. "They must have some plan in mind!"
"Okay, Carol," I confided. "I can tell you. We're stocking up for the
revolution."

"I KNEW IT!"