Posted to chi.general,soc.culture.indian,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.cleaning,alt.food.wine
Thomas C. Thomas C. is offline

Default Red wine on white walls!

"RPS" wrote in message
A guest tripped and as a result we have red wine spots and streaks on
white walls. I experimented on one small spot with cold water, hot
water, soapy water, then a generic spray cleaner...but it remains
visible! Is there a product that will get rid of these stains? And what
kind of store sells it? Thanks.

Bleach water. Red wine contains organic dyes. Bleach does wonders against
such dyes. Fill a bucket with about 2 quarts of water and add between 1/2
cup to 1 cup bleach. I just do about a 1 second pour. I had the exact same
thing happen awhile ago. My friend tripped and spilled port on my white
wall. A wet sponge didn't do anything, and I figured I'd have to paint over
it. But then I remembered about bleach and used a sponge wet with the
bleach water and it worked wonderfully.