Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default How do I kill trees when all that is left is the stump?

Find a rental place and rent a stump grinder. It shouldn't cost much and it
will get the whole stump out in less than an hour.

My guess is that the insurance will be more than hiring someone in to do the
job. It only cost me $25 to have someone do this dangerous job.

$25!? Where do you live? You can barely get anyone to make you a grilled
cheese sandwich for $25 around here. Any contractor, pseudo or not,
charges at least $75 just to show up at the door.- Hide quoted text -

Grinding the stump does not "get the whole stump out". It does a good
job but only grinds the stump down below grade where what is left of
it continues to decompose.