Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default inside of house does not cool off... at all?

In article . com,
N8N wrote:
On Jun 2, 10:06 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message

When the sun hits the glass, not so much. Our retractable awnings are an
absolute neccesity.

Ah, awnings. They were on most every house when I was a kid, a long time
ago. Now we just stick a cooker box in the window and suck up electricity
instead. A decent tree can cool your house as much as a 12000 Btu AC and at
no cost.

So, why not awnings? Better, maybe, retractable awnings.

If they worked back then, wouldn't they still at least *help* now?

Or maybe the beauty-police would deem them "ugly" and thus
"unacceptable" for *this* neighborhood?

David