Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Houseful of interior trim to paint

On Jul 1, 6:01 am, "tracey" wrote:
Supply of Oil-Based Paint Thins as New Rule Takes Effect
Sale Restrictions Aim to Curb Ozone Pollution

By Margaret Webb Pressler
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, May 24, 2005; A01

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...05/05/23/AR200...

Similar rules have been in effect for a while in California, and
restrictive oil-paint laws are being crafted in many northern states.
But the mid-Atlantic region has not made as much progress reducing
overall pollution as New England has, so the paint restrictions kicked
in first in this area. Since Jan. 1, stores in the District, Northern
Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware and New York have not been
able to order most of the oil-based paints commonly used in household
and commercial applications.

aspasia wrote in message

| On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:19:14 -0000, Big_Jake| wrote:

| On Jun 30, 4:57 am, "tracey" wrote:
| YOU HAD BETTER BUY THE ALKYD PAINT NOW,
| IT HAS BEEN OUTLAWED AND WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR.
|

| [...]
|
| What???!!!
|
| Where???!!!
|
| In all states? or which one(s)?
|
| Citation, please?
|
| Aspasia.

Ok, where does it say that, nationwide, it won't be available
anymore? This article is from 2005, and I bought some two weeks ago
from Sherwin Williams.

Per the article, this is in a few northeastern states and California.

JK