Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default My gate won't close

In article om,
wrote:

I have a wrought iron gate, and my fence has moved so it does not shut
anymore. There are no springs, adjustments etc. The top of the gate
just moved a bit, and it is getting stuck on the bolt holding the
stationary iron tube to the wall. The nut is flush with the end of the
bolt.
I was thinking I could notch the gate with a hacksaw, and buy myself
some time. I've talked to a fence company who says he can do something
for $100-$150. Sounds expensive, and he's being secretive about what
he will do.
Any help would be appreciated.

Two good pictures would help. One longer shot showing the overall
scenario and one close-up of the friction point.