Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Mac Disaster

In article ews.net,
:Jerry: wrote:

Possibly made to Wickes spec',

No. Exactly the same as the Kress badged model.

So you keep repeating, but can you site documented evidence to that
effect?

Not definate proof but a few years ago I knackered the clutch in my dads
Wickes/Kress SDS drill (my fault - I was abusing it somewhat ). Rang
wickes about repairing it and they sent me to a local repair place (a chain
that has now gone bust - something like B&D Tools).

Anyway, the repair guy there seemed very knowledgeable and after telling
me it was identical to the kress on he had on the shelf pointed out that
he could sell me the Kress on for 10 quid less than Wickes sold theirs

He assured me they were identical in all but the badge. A few hours later
a new clutch was fitted, drill was serviced and it still works brilliantly
today.

He may have been talking rubbish but I got the impression he knew what he
was on about...

Darren

OMG, I've just realised I'm taking Drivels side - someone shoot me please!