Too_Many_Tools

Default Strategies for dealing with stuff/supply/material collections?

Hi John,

I am surprised that you have not received more responses to this
subject.

Maybe no one else has a space problem :)...Yeah right.

Come guys, how do you work this issue...enquiring minds want to know.

A subject for discussion...how does everyone store items discretely
outside to gain inside floor space so items in question are still
under the radar of the spouse, the neighbors and the zoning board?

Too_Many_Tools (who is resuffling the shop yet again for another mill)

(GTO69RA4) wrote in message ...
OK, the Big Question that hangs over the heads of so many of us. I have a large
(for a basement shop anyway) stash of all kinds of stuff. Supplies, fasteners,
parts, equipment, whatever. My problem isn't storage per se (so recommending
Vidmar cabinets won't help in this case), because I have vast ranks of shelves,
cabinets, and boxes with everything in them, but the fact that my neat storage
is occupying most of the spatial volume. Running out of room for people and
tools.

What kind of tactics do you guys take to maintaining stashes of things without
it getting out of hand? I'm not talking just junk here--mostly good stuff that
now and then I find myself dipping into. Lots of boxes of switches, oddball
screws, whatever. What kind of "supply line" do you keep? How much backstocked
stuff? What do you do when it's time to thin out the flock?

Sorry for asking such a broad question, but it's a lot easier to work through
this kind of thing with outside input. Or rather outside input that doesn't say
"well why don't you just toss all this out" while looking and your drill press
and bandsaw. You guys must have developed methods to deal with the madness.

GTO(John)