Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] unclemon@gmail.com is offline

Default wireless interconnected AC smoke detectors

On Jun 30, 10:51 pm, Kyle wrote:
I have to install AC interconnected smoke detectors in an investment
home I own (county code) and am running into a bit of a problem.

Most interconnected require the units all be on the same wire, which
is simple enough for new construction, but trying to run one wire from
the attic to the basement in a house built in 1954 is a world of fun
beyond what I want to do or pay someone to do.

I found Kidde makes AC smoke detectors that are interconnected by
wireless. Does anyone have experience installing these? Do all units
have to be on the same circuit in order for the wireless
interconnectivity to work?

I have used flex bits for years to install wire inside
the walls of buildings for burglar/fire alarms, phone
lines and power cables (romex and MC cable).
The bits are manufactured in different lengths and
extensions can be attached. Electrical, alarm and
big box building supply companies sell them. One
manufacturer is:

http://www.fiberfish.com/Piranhabits.htm

[8~{} Uncle Monster