Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default OT--An Inconvenient Truth

Hi Other Leo

Over the millennia the earth has cycled through ice ages and hot
periods without the help of Mankind, even as close as a thousand years
ago we had a hot spell that lasted for a long time in human terms.
Also Mars has heated up in the last century, wonder who's doing it up
there ???????
So I'm not saying temperatures are not rising, just that we are not
the cause IMO, but politicians are sure to use it for their own
agendas.
Just as we have had those that are predicting the end of the world or
those that were profiting from scaring the daylight out of people when
the year 2000 was coming around, the millennium scare was used for the
same reasons.

And I'm not going to discuss this, this is my opinion, and I stand by
that, even if I am out a few years with my stated claims.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Jun 30, 9:10 pm, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
Arch and Leo V.--Little sarcastic remarks about global warming may make you
feel superior, but, like it or not, this is a serious problem. I can
remember when people were joking about smoking (e.g. Mice that smoke
shouldn't drive.)--many of them are dead now of lung cancer.

Sorry if I come across as a sourpuss-heavy, but global warming is a VERY
INCONVENIENT TRUTH.