Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default Lining underside of flat garage roof

"topo" ag @ag.mail.com wrote in message
Any tips please on lining underside of garage roof ?
Type of material to use ...... ply or plasterboard ? Cheapness ?
Ease of handling above head - fixing to joists etc.
Job mainly for finising off & not for insulation purposes and to
reflect light when painted.
Thanks for any help

Not something I would do as I find the spaces between the joist useful for
storing bits of timber & pipe etc and as a flat roof is going to leak
eventually I would rather know at the first sign rather than when the
ceiling falls in

Having said that you could use 6mm mdf fixed in place with 1" no 8 screws

You need to cut the panels to size to span the joists and fix extra timbers
between the joists so that all of the edges are supported

Make 2 T shape supports with the leg of the T the height from floor to joist
to hold each sheet whilst fixing

I would paint the sheets before fixing

Tony