Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Houseful of interior trim to paint

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 28, 5:28 pm, "jeffc" wrote:
Well, I hear what you're saying about the cost of new trim. But frankly
sanding hundreds of feet of trim all throughout the house sounds like a
major pain in the neck too, especially if it's before and after the first
coat. I think I'm looking at at least 3 coats total, whereas with
preprimed
trim it would only be one coat on top (assuming white on white).
Does TSP really work fine rather than sanding/deglossing? Or is it
actually
a deglossing agent?
Thanks for the tips.

You must be one heckuva great finish carpenter if you think it is less
work to cut, trim, nail, putty, and possible caulk all that trim after
you pull out all the old trim without damaging plaster or drywall.

JK

PLUS the preprimed stuff still needs sanding in my past experience, if you
are going to do a good job, so you would be no further ahead.