Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default auto air conditioner

Rich256 wrote:

In the mid 60s I had one that was leaking a pound or two a year. When
to an airconditioning store and bought a couple cans and a tapper
valve. They didn't sell kits and the guy at the store told me to
leave it to the "experts". Told him I was an expert (I had read about
how it worked). A lot easier back when they had sight glass so you
could see the bubbles/liquid coming out of the condenser. I still
have two or three one pound cans of R12 sitting on a shelf in the
garage. Price tag on them reads 99 cents!!

Wear goggles. That stuff can freeze your eyeballs.

A/C systems today are a lot different from those in the 60's. Just
slapping some more refrigerant in there can damage the system.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit