Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Why is there "paper" under 12" tile squares.

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:19:59 -0300, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

"Rudy" wrote in message

Yesterday, we pulled the 12" square tile squares off a bathroom floor.
We
have owned the place for almost 20 year but we don't know how much

longer
than that the tile was in place.

Anyway, it seems that these is "paper" between the tiles and the
sub-floor.

Is this ceramic floor tile ? If so, the membrane is called 'slip sheet'..

They are plastic tiles. But tell me more about "slip sheet."

I'm not positive, but I think he phrased it the way he did so you
would look. I tried 'slip sheet' tile , and seemed to do
pretty well. Saying 'ceramic tile' cuts the number of hits in
half.

Google