Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default earphones: how to attach new ear-pads to now-bare plastic?

In article ,
mm wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:54:06 -0400, mm
wrote:

(I imagine that some kinds would eat (dissolve) the material
the ear-pad are made of.

I'm sure. I used contact cement to glue foam rubber to the "stryfoam"
domes that are meant to keep garden faucets from freezing, and the
foam was ok, but it was eating away the "stryofoam" pretty fast.
Fortunately it stopped in time for me to glue things.

It ate the hard foam, the white stuff that looks almost like popped
popcorn mashed together, but not the foam rubber.

Thanks!

I especially liked the idea of cutting them out of larger
pieces/blocks of (soft) foam.

And I guess you're suggesting I use contact cement.

(Does that include eg Duco, Elmers, ...?)

David