Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default tapcon hell

On Jun 30, 10:06 am, dpb wrote:
George wrote:

WTF? Am I missing something? This is run of the mill garage floor
concrete, the direction say drill a damn hole and use a screwdriver to
sink it in? Should I try oil lubrication? My floor has several holes
with snapped off anchors now.

Time to review the instructions. You are supposed to power drive them
with the suggested driver tool.

Hammer-drill/driver may help, too.

Me? I'd go w/ powder-actuated myself and toss the tapcon's in the "nice
theory, no good in practice" pile along w/ the various other things over
the years...

imo, ymmv, $0.02, etc., ...

If you're driving Tapcons with a hammer drill, that might be why you
haven't had much success with them. Try an impact driver.