Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Mac Disaster

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 2007-06-30 19:17:18 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

snip

Once again..."Kress of Germany is not a wannabee product."

Where can I buy them in the UK with a Kress label?

A label freak! Wickes sell them under their name.

...and might well have them manufactured to their own, or bought in as a
cheaper, spec' product. Whilst I accept that some 'over priced' tools can
sometimes be found under a different label (often owned by the parent
company though) [1] it's unlikely that a cheaper brand will be able to
offer the same quality fort even less as an unbranded wholesale product -
something will have to have given, that will not be the labour cost of
making them, unless the manufacturing is shipped out to China or the like.

[1] for hand tools, Snap-on and Blue-point are a good example.

If a maker has faith in their product then they will stand by long
guarantees. Look at 5 yr guarantees in some auto makers now. No low
quality car maker gives 5 year guarantees.

In this case the warranty is from Wickes anyway because it is their
private label brand.

RE-badged using quality products and they stand by the products.

No, Wickes (allegedly) stands by the products.

You got it.

Yes he has,

You have been taking Matt pills.

snip
It is amazing that someone defends companies offering poor guarantee
service of 1 year.

The guarantee is somewhat irrelevant

It isn't.

It is totally irrelevant,